Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Danny Schimke <sc...@googlemail.com> on 2009/07/16 12:46:24 UTC

Release-Plugin remote- Tagging

Does remote- Tagging meant, that the (SVN-) Trunk- version is used for
prepare / perform the release instead of using the local workingcopy? Is
that correct?

Thank you!
-Danny Schimke

--
Danny Schimke
IT- Consultant

incowia GmbH

Albert-Einstein-Straße 3
D-98693 Ilmenau
www.incowia.com

Re: Release-Plugin remote- Tagging

Posted by Danny Schimke <sc...@googlemail.com>.
Ahh, ok! Thanks Todd! Thats what I wanted to know!
Thanks to Stefan too!
-Danny Schimke

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
OK, I wasn't aware of this new remoteTagging-Feature. sounds helpful, though.

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.

Posted by Danny Schimke <sc...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Stefan!
Yeah, I knew, that the release is based on the working copy, which have to
be "clean".
We've had a bugusing the release plugin (look at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-406)
On http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.htmlthere
is a "remoteTagging" parrameter to solve this bug if you are using SVN
> 1.5. But I have not found what is "remoteTagging" doing.
This bug should be fixed in the release plugin 2.0-beta-9, we're using
2.0-beta-8. Our workaround was to make an "svn update" before doing a
release:perform.
Thank you very much Stefan!
I hope you're fine ;-)
-Danny Schimke