Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com> on 2010/11/23 17:31:28 UTC

ClassNotFoundException

Hi,
  I just installed hadoop .21 (linux) and am trying to use the new API so I copied the example code from the Job.java source...

    final Job job = new Job(new Configuration(true));
    job.setJarByClass(SearchLogSorter.class);

    job.setJobName("Search Log Sort");

when I compile and jar this and run it I get a

[hadoop@cala3stgiss01 hadoop]$ hadoop -jar jars/SearchLogSorter.jar a s
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job
        at com.local.ctr.importer.SearchLogSorter.main(SearchLogSorter.java:96)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job
        ... 1 more

I executed 'hadoop classpath' and the 'hadoop-mapred-0.21.0.jar' is in the path.

Any ideas?

Also, will the jar be renamed to 'hadoop-mapreduce.*.jar in the future?

Thanks

-Pete