Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/02/24 17:46:33 UTC

Sequencing of messages

Hey guys

I've got an odd ball question, just to see if anyones tried it.  Suppose
that I'm writing messages to SQS, where there is no guaranteed ordering.
One of the patterns proposed is to follow a resequencer -
http://camel.apache.org/resequencer.html to enforce message sequence number
ordering.  I see two problems with this.

1. Single point of failure.  If the node that is writing the number goes
down, the sequence numbers are lost.  Are there any distributed options for
camel to apply sequence numbers from a cluster of producers?

2. I need to fetch all of the messages.  In order to verify gaps, I need
all messages to be readily available.  This could be quite large on bigger
queues.  It seems that streaming would be an option, but would almost
require my first point.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John