Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org> on 2018/07/28 17:24:00 UTC

Podling Report (August 2018)

Hi all,

I'm posting a draft of the August 2018 report (which covers activity since
our last report in May):

Druid Podling Report (August 2018)
------------

Druid is a high-performance, column-oriented, distributed data store.

Druid has been incubating since 2018-02-28.

 1. Plan and execute our first Apache release.
 2. Move the website to Apache infrastructure.
 3. Expanding the community and adding more committers

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

- None.

- A healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements and new
features
  are still ongoing at https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid.

- This report covers activity since the May 2018 report
- Source has been migrated to Apache infrastructure
- License header updates are almost complete (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/5835)
- Since the last report there have been 93 commits from 20 individuals.
- We have released 0.12.1, a non-incubator release.
- We currently voting on the 0.12.2 non-incubator bug fix release. This
will be our final non-incubator release.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [X] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

- Druid 0.12.1 on 2018-06-08 (non-Apache release)
- No official Apache release yet since beginning Apache Incubation

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

- Project is still functioning with the initial set of committers.

Re: Podling Report (August 2018)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I have signed off.

Taylor and Jun please sign off also.

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.
[...]

Date of last release:

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.
Thanks for reviewing.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks - this looks good.

I’d not include the url for the case to replace license headers. Reports rarely include urls whose sole purpose is to prove statements in the report.

If there have been meet ups/talks about Druid, mention them. Druid has a vibrant community, as a result of your ongoing community building activities such as talks, but still, you should take credit for them.