Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Cole <bi...@apache.org> on 2022/11/04 16:21:34 UTC

Can someone explain what happened to my rules?

I recently added multiple rules to my sandbox (in 80test.cf) and tweaked
them over the space of a few weeks, including renaming some to remove
the leading 'T_'

And QA seems to not see all of them and is showing hits on both the test
and non-test versions. Example:
https://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20221103-r1905040-n&rule=%2FSCC_SPAMMER_ADDR_2

I'm *GUESSING* that some testers don't regularly update their rules or
something like that. However, there are other rules
(__SCC_HASHBUST_{1..3,6}) that have seemingly just vanished.

I've waited for ~3 weeks for this to all shake out, but it hasn't.

Re: Can someone explain what happened to my rules?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
That sounds like rule promotion might be broken.

I also think most of the mass check and rule QA system is tied to version
3.4 and it should probably get re-jiggered for 4.0.

Can you open a bug

KAM

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 2022-11-04 at 12:48:00 UTC-0400 (Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:48:00 -0700)

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.