Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David T-G <da...@justpickone.org> on 2020/04/25 02:27:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.4.33 on OpenSuSE LEAP 15.1 sends zero-byte images

Hi, all --

I've pulled my hair out enough; it's time to ask for help!  I am building
an OpenSuSE LEAP 15.1 server and have installed Apache2 2.4.33, PHP,
Perl, ImageMagick, and more.  My PHP software successfully reads images
in the filesystem and generates thumbnails and displays its index page,
by which I gather that my vhost definition is correct.

However, the server does not send me images.  Whether trying to display
on an HTML page with an IMG tag or just pointing directly to

  http://example.com/path/to/image.jpg

in the URL bar, I get nothing.  [Oh, and I have +Indexes set and can get
an index of the directory and click on the image and ALSO get nothing.]
Pulling the image with wget gives me a

  Connection closed at byte 0. Retrying.

error a few times before dying.  My access log shows the request (just
once, despite the retries), and there is no error log entry.

I'm sure stumped!  Where should I start digging and what can I send to
help troubleshooting?  I've run out of things to try.

Thanks and have a great weekend

:-D
--
David T-G
See http://justpickone.org/davidtg/email/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.33 on OpenSuSE LEAP 15.1 sends zero-byte images

Posted by David T-G <da...@justpickone.org>.
Julien, et al --

...and then Julien Etter said...
%
% Hi David,
% Try EnableSendFile Off in apache conf, this doesn't seem to be
% supported by opensuse.

YIPPEE!  That worked; thanks!!!

I suppose I should go and google, but I'll take the easy route in case
anyone happens to want to point me to why that's a problem.  Weird ...

Thanks again & have a great weekend :-)

:-D

Posted by Julien Etter <ju...@juno.co.uk>.
Hi David,
Try EnableSendFile Off in apache conf, this doesn't seem to be supported by opensuse.

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/blhgte>