Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com> on 2005/03/16 04:13:04 UTC

****SPAM(6.2)**** Blacklisting embedded URLs

SpamAssassin, running on "mail.dailyhills.com", has identified this incoming
email as possible spam.  The original message has been attached to this
email so you can view it (if it isn't spam).
If you have any questions, contact postmaster@dailyhills.com for details.

Content preview:  I've been going through a bunch of spam and
  blacklisting domains. However, some of the more frequent offenders are
  in the body of the message. For example, today I found about half a
  dozen porno spams that contained a reference to
  http://www.a123s.biz/... [...]

 pts rule name              description
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
 2.3 BIZ_TLD                URI: Contains an URL in the BIZ top-level domain
 2.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 BODY: Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
                            [cf: 100]
-2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
                            [score: 0.0000]
 2.5 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
 1.0 URIBL_SBL              Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
                            [URIs: a123s.biz]
 0.4 URIBL_AB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the AB SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: a123s.biz]
 1.5 URIBL_WS_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: a123s.biz]
 3.2 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: a123s.biz]
 4.3 URIBL_SC_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: a123s.biz]
-8.8 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

Re: [SPAM-TAG] SpamAssassin, running on "mail.dailyhills.com" ...

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 9:27:50 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:
> Does anyone else find this just too absurdly silly for words?

> Although I guess it surely does prove the point Jeff Chan made for URIDNSBL
> and SURBL - most eloquently in fact :-)

>>SpamAssassin, running on "mail.dailyhills.com", has identified this incoming
>>email as possible spam.  The original message has been attached to this
>>email so you can view it (if it isn't spam).
>>If you have any questions, contact postmaster@dailyhills.com for details.

Yes, but it's a broken configuration on Dave Hill's mail
server...

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

SpamAssassin, running on "mail.dailyhills.com" ...

Posted by Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com>.

Re: [SPAM-TAG] Blacklisting embedded URLs

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 7:13:04 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:
> I've been going through a bunch of spam and blacklisting domains. However,
> some of the more frequent offenders are in the body of the message. For
> example, today I found about half a dozen porno spams that contained a
> reference to
>     http://www.a123s.biz/...

> I can do a body match rule.
> Is there anything else I can do?

> Is there something useful that could be added to SpamAssassin for
> blacklisting URLs within the body of a message?

Yes, please see URIDNSBL and SURBL:

  http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm
  http://www.surbl.org/

which are built into SpamAssassin 3 and enabled by default if
network tests are enabled.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan