Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Maho NAKATA <ch...@mac.com> on 2011/07/21 09:53:39 UTC

Re: Native Language vs l10n

From: Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Native Language vs l10n
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:20:06 +0900

> Hi Dennis and all,
>
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
> <de...@acm.org> wrote:
>> Hello, Khirano-san (that OK with nickname/UserID?),
> OK :)  See the bottom of this mail.
>
>> I was wondering if SVN and Bugzilla infrastructure could be in separate Internet site
>> from Japanese Language Project (or vice versa).
> I see. But I can not answer this question immediately.
> I would like to discuss the question with Maho Nakata, Japanese
> Language Project Lead.
> Please give me time.

Hi Dennis,

I am the project lead of ja.openoffice.org and qa.openoffice.org.
JA used "cvs" instead of "svn", anyway they are the same meaning in this case.
We (or over 100 of every native language project) managed our web page
using SVN. These are projects within OpenOffice.org, so we should not work
separately. English speaking community cannot handle everything, especially
translation, quality assurance, documentation and marketing.

I think Bugzilla can be worked separately. In JA project, if someone found an issue
to that project, then fill the Bugzilla. However, these were rarely filed, or mistakingly
filed. If I remember correctly, ES community make use of Bugzilla for assigning
task to community members to see what is the status. This is a good/correct use of Bugzilla.
I think such use of Bugzilla is not popular, as there are relatively small numbers of
people who can commit, and when casual participants find errors on the web page etc,
these committers have fix these errors ASAP.

thanks
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , JA OOO http://ja.openoffice.org/
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/nakatamaho/ ,GPG: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt