Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rajeev Prasad <rp...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/01 02:07:58 UTC

[users@httpd] replacing html form?

Hello,

This is not exactly related to Apache, but i could not find where to post this question: (if you know any good HTML mailing list kindly let me know)

is 'html form'  the only way to get data from user?

<form name..... >
</form>

can't we use something else?

thank you.
Rajeev

[users@httpd] Re: replacing html form?

Posted by Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net>.
> --0-2127215516-1314835678=:24813

sigh...

> rdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt"><div style=3D"RIGHT: auto">Hel=
> lo,</div>
> ld not find where to post this question: (if you know any good HTML mailing=
>  list kindly let me know)<VAR id=3Dyui-ie-cursor></VAR></div>
> om user?</div>

Sure.  Ask the user to append to the URL in the location bar.

  [http://www.example.com?response=data_DATA_Data_dAta_daTa_datA
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

heh...

Re: [users@httpd] replacing html form?

Try PHP, it has a lot of easy forms.

Posted by Rod Behr <Ro...@impact-europe.com>.
You can use JavaScript to get the value of any input object in html:
document.getElementById("[input id]"). However, if you want to save this
to a database, you really want to use forms so you can POST or GET the
information.

This is not exactly related to Apache, but i could not find where to
post this question: (if you know any good HTML mailing list kindly let
me know)

is 'html form'  the only way to get data from user?

<form name..... >

</form>

can't we use something else?

thank you.

Rajeev

Click here
<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/B3S5!mj5NW!TndxI!oX7UguoYhQx!y1azQ1!QAAP
nPPllJBNh9yUHOFHi7TwHg74HcD3pGbEFIh6aunJTqVygQ==>  to report this email
as spam.

www.global-presence.org

Travel less, videoconference more. It does not cost the Earth.

Impact Marcom Ltd trading as Impact | Registered in England No. 1166286. Registered Address: Europe House, 170 Windmill Road West, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7HB

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Impact Marcom Ltd reserves the right, subject to applicable local law, to monitor and review the content of any electronic message or information sent to or from Impact Marcom employee e-mail addresses without informing the sender or recipient of the message.