Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com> on 2010/10/28 09:07:46 UTC

[vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

This vote is to release wicket 1.5-M3. This is another milestone release on
the trunk (1.5 in-development).

Branch: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.5-M3/
Artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~jrthomerson/wicket-1.5-M3/dist
Maven repo: http://people.apache.org/~jrthomerson/wicket-1.5-M3/m2-repo
Changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310561&styleName=Html&version=12315329

This vote ends Sunday 2:00am GMT-5

Please test the release and offer your vote:
[ ] Yes, release
[ ] No, don't release it (and please tell us why)

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.5-M3

** Sub-task
    * [WICKET-2081] - Add optional support for "Setting Markup Head
Elements" PLT.12.5.4
    * [WICKET-3069] - java.rmi not allowed on GAE
    * [WICKET-3110] - update migration guide to reflect the narrowing of the
usecases for TransparentMarkupContainer
    * [WICKET-3112] - Fix of issue 2886 breaks all individual
implementations of any AbstractTree
    * [WICKET-3115] - source code link doesn't work in wicket-examples 1.5 -
request mappers demo
    * [WICKET-3130] - update migration guide

** Bug
    * [WICKET-2888] - Nullpointer when inserting [i.e. moving] a node in a
TreeTable (AbstactTree, treeNodesInserted)
    * [WICKET-2912] - IE 8 gets 404 error after
continueToOriginalDestination() when app is at root context
    * [WICKET-3048] - Redirect page in Ajax callback broken.
    * [WICKET-3052] - HybridUrlCodingStrategy probably uses wrong url
encoding
    * [WICKET-3053] - WicketTester does not preserve the form component
values when submitting with AjaxSubmitLink
    * [WICKET-3057] - NPE when deleting a TreeNode with visible children
    * [WICKET-3065] - HomePageMapper ignores request to '/' with query
string parameters
    * [WICKET-3067] - The new mappers ignore single query parameter with
empty value
    * [WICKET-3070] - Method getParameterMap in
CryptedUrlWebRequestCodingStrategy.DecodedUrlRequest is broken
    * [WICKET-3072] - Deleting only child of collapsed tree node doesn't
update the node
    * [WICKET-3074] - CreditCardValidator throws NumberFormatException on
non-numeric characters.
    * [WICKET-3075] - AJAX file upload fails in IE8 due to
Wicket.Ajax.handleMultipart() sniffing wicket:body tags as an HTML body
element when running Wicket in development mode
    * [WICKET-3076] - UrlUtils.isRelative returns false if URL parameter
contains an absolute URL
    * [WICKET-3078] - FileUploadException is masked behind
WicketRuntimeException and not handled by a Form
    * [WICKET-3079] - Nested fragments markup not found
    * [WICKET-3083] - Broken AbstarctCalendar dependency
    * [WICKET-3084] - CharSetUtil.getEncoding fails with an
IndexOutOfBoundsException
    * [WICKET-3086] - AjaxLink.onClick() -> setResponsePage(...) redirects
to wrong url
    * [WICKET-3087] - Form inside ModalWindow causes 'Submit Button not
visible' exception in parent page's form
    * [WICKET-3095] - Adding AjaxFormSubmitBehavior to Form leads to "Error:
too much recursion" JS Error
    * [WICKET-3097] - isTemporary behavior and ajax behavior together
crashes with WicketRuntimeException: Couldn't find component behavior.
    * [WICKET-3098] - AjaxEventBehavior#onEvent is invoked on disabled
behavior
    * [WICKET-3101] - No exceptionpage on exceptions during ajax
    * [WICKET-3102] - WicketTester does not handle
startPage(ITestPageSource) that contains a redirect/setResponsePage
correctly
    * [WICKET-3103] - RequestCycle logs something, when its intended for
servlet container
    * [WICKET-3106] - Security: Possible Redirection to foreign Page by
using BrowserInfoPage's PageParameter
    * [WICKET-3111] - TransparentWebMarkupContainer appears magically for
html elements without 'wicket:id' but with 'href' attribute
    * [WICKET-3119] - Localizer cache does not include style in cache key
when no component is given
    * [WICKET-3123] - MockSessionStore doesn't bind sessions properly
    * [WICKET-3127] - Adding node to a collapsed tree node should not cause
it to expand
    * [WICKET-3134] - Commons logging must die

** Improvement
    * [WICKET-385] - Move HTTP caching features out of wicket.Resource
    * [WICKET-1215] - WicketTester recreates session after setting
attributes on it
    * [WICKET-1244] - Move IResponseFilter and its implementations into a
new subfolder / package
    * [WICKET-1531] - Behaviours cannot change tag name
    * [WICKET-1779] - Palette component - make image URLs part of CSS
    * [WICKET-1936] - Client-Side Image Map
    * [WICKET-2035] - Change naming convention for xml properties files to
*.properties.xml instead of *.xml
    * [WICKET-2776] - Enhancing RadioChoice input items with individual
title and css class attributes
    * [WICKET-2937] - AbstractPropertyModel getObjectClass don't consider
nested IObjectClassAwareModel targets
    * [WICKET-3049] - CompoundPropertyModel constructor allows misuse of
model object
    * [WICKET-3055] - Application fails to start when disk access is denied
    * [WICKET-3056] - Upgrade pom reference for joda-time from 1.6 to 1.6.2
    * [WICKET-3062] - Improve cache keys to be more readable
    * [WICKET-3071] - Upgrade maven plugins and non-essential dependencies
to newest version
    * [WICKET-3080] - Automatic sizing modal window
    * [WICKET-3089] - onBeforeRender in NextButton should not be final
    * [WICKET-3125] - Add IRequestListener interface to allow easier
framework extension points
    * [WICKET-3128] - FormComponentLabel should open open-close tags like
Label does

** New Feature
    * [WICKET-2084] - Integrate Wicket Ajax debug console to Firebug
    * [WICKET-3082] - Introduce IComponentOnInitializeListener for
cross-cutting concerns

** Wish
    * [WICKET-3008] - clarify purpose of
getMarkupSettings().setThrowExceptionOnMissingXmlDeclaration(true)

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@wickettraining.com
> wrote:

> [ ] Yes, release

+1 release

I did find this issue in examples while testing:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3137>However, I did not
investigate it, and since this is only a milestone release, am not expecting
this to be stable with all bugs fixed.  This is really more about giving
others an easy opportunity to upgrade to a snapshot of the new code and test
it with their apps.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I'm working on the test case. About the exception page that don't get
presented, it is an excepted behaviour since the commit 1027208, or I get it
wrong?

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/wicket/?cs=1027208

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@wickettraining.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm just concerned about the side effects. A bug on the component data
> > can cause URL issues. For instance an URL generated for one behavior
> > invoking another behavior on the same component. Then we will have
> > developers evaluating the milestone and returning different problems than
> > the one reported by Nino. But I'm ok releasing the milestone with a note
> > explaining the possible issues.
>

> Good point Pedro.  I won't personally have any time to look at this today
> or
> tomorrow.  Perhaps one of the other devs will.  Can you create a quickstart
> that demonstrates another use case where this issue will happen (like you
> describe above)?  Or create a test case for it?  A test case would make
> sure
> that this doesn't ever happen again.
>
> --
> Jeremy Thomerson
> http://wickettraining.com
> *Need a CMS for Wicket?  Use Brix! http://brixcms.org*

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i am changing my vote to -1

i will fix and rebuild this weekend.

-igor

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
done https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3143

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3143>could'nt find a
duplicate..

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:52 AM, nino martinez wael <
nino.martinez.wael@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure for releasing.. Did you also note that theres still issues with
> rendering the exception page when using ajax? Also mentioned in
> 3142<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3142>

Can you search to see if there's an open ticket for this, and if not, open a

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
I'm just concerned about the side effects. A bug on the component data index

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
-1, comments on the ticket

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM, nino martinez wael <

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release Wicket 1.5-M3

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.