Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Riaz <br...@mum.edu> on 2008/01/17 17:23:14 UTC

New jsp not being read

Hi all,

Here is my environment:

Eclipse Europa
Tomcat 5.5
Windows XP Pro

My application goes like this:
 request --> servletA --> form.jsp -(post)-> servletB

My problem is this: when I make a change to form.jsp, this change is not
reflected in the jsp that gets displayed. An older version of the jsp is
displayed. I have checked path specified in my servlet to make sure it's
poitning to the right jsp. In fact, the version that's displayed doesn't
exist in any of my folders, so I'm not sure where this form would be coming
from. I've had this result using IE and Firefox. I thought it might be an
Europa issue, so i tried running the app on Eclipse 3.2 - same result.
Cleaning and rebuilding the project makes no difference. Also, it doesn't
seem possible anymore make a change to the servlet, and have it hot
deployed. I don't get a message from Tomcat saying it couldn't hot deploy,
but in order to make the modified version of the servlet current I need to
do a Clean/Rebuild of the project.

Everybody's thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Bob

Re: New jsp not being read

Posted by Ken Bowen <kb...@als.com>.
I've found that working (on my dev box -- sometimes windows, sometime
linux) under Eclipse, it can be somewhat unpredictable when redeployment
of a new page really "takes" in Tomcat's directory.  When it seems
funny, as Chris suggested, I shutdown
Tomcat (from the MyEclipse control).  Since I often have several apps
I'm currently working on (myapp1, myapp2, ...),
I just remove the specific Tomcat folders for, say myapp2:
~webapps/myapp2  and ~work/myapp2, then redeploy from
the MyEclipse control., and then restart Tomcat.  I've found that a page
"taking" after changes is even more delicate when
the page is a GWT-based page in the app.

--Ken

Re: New jsp not being read

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: New jsp not being read

Posted by Bob Riaz <br...@mum.edu>.
Thank you, David. The jsp is on my development machine. I'm doing all my
testing locally, so I wouldn't think this would be an issue. However, I have
been changing my system clock to test some time sensitive aspects of the
application. I will look into this more closely. I wonder if you could give
me a pointer how to clean tomcat's  work directory.
Thanks again for your thoughts.

--Bob

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.