Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/18 11:45:51 UTC

How to pass parameter within ?

Hello,

How can I pass parameters within h:commandButton ?

I tried but it seems not work and always return null ???

Anyway, how can I pass parameters to the backing bean ?

Futhermore, I am using JSF in portlet development under JBoss Portal 2.2.1.

When I use commandLink, it always raised JavaScript exception: "Object
missed ....", and I check the generated source, it seems missed the
getScrolling() function !

Best regards,
Eric

Re: How to pass parameter within ?

Posted by Ooschn <Pa...@gmx.de>.
Check your ExtensionsFilter:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html

Which means you have to add the following to your web.xml:

    <filter>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
            <param-value>20m</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: How to pass parameter within ?

Posted by Lisaa <li...@yahoo.com>.
check out this thread:

http://www.nabble.com/f%3Aparam-and-commandButton-t1517965.html#a4284131

and all other discussed on this topic
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.