Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by SmashRod Alfredo <sm...@hotmail.it> on 2015/04/22 08:38:16 UTC

Workflow Event/Time Trigger set-up

Hello Everyone,
Collecting available Airavata Documentation is not clear to me if it's possible on Airavata to set-up a certain workflow which can automatically be triggered by Event generation (for example the creation of a file in a certain folder) or by Time (automatically execute a defined workflow every TBD time)

It this feature available? Which are the steps necessary to build up this kind of automatic workflow?

Thank you all,

Alfredo

RE: Workflow Event/Time Trigger set-up

Posted by SmashRod Alfredo <sm...@hotmail.it>.
Ok,
Thank you,

Alfredo

From: shameerainfo@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:39:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Workflow Event/Time Trigger set-up
To: dev@airavata.apache.org

Hi Alfredo,
There is no in-built support for your requirement, but you can use airavata client API and submit experiments for the same workflow periodically.  Following are abstract steps how to do this.
when you register the workflow model in app_catalog you will get a workflow Id,String workflowId = airavataClient.registerWorkflow(gatewayId, workflowModel)Then create an experiment by setting experiment applicationId as this workflow Id.experiment.setApplicationId(workflowId);Set other experiment data and submit. airavataClient.createExperiment(gatewayId, experiment)
You can run a script which runs on periodically and submit an experiment with the same workflow Id.
For more details, have a look org.apache.airavata.xbaya.ui.experiment.WorkflowInterpreterLaunchWindow#execute method.
Regards, Shameera.

--
Best Regards,Shameera Rathnayaka.
email: shameera AT apache.org , shameerainfo AT gmail.comBlog : http://shameerarathnayaka.blogspot.com/