Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venkat Venkataramanan <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 17:04:59 UTC

Help in using the Manager application

Hello:

I installed Tomcat 5.5.3 . I made sure that there was a user with the
"manager" role in the tomcat-users.xml. Howver, when I tried the url,
http://localhost:8080/manager/list, I get a              http 403 error.

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested
resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

Also, from the tomcat home page, clicking on status gives me the same error
page.

Can somebody guide me?

Venki

RE: Help in using the Manager application

Posted by Venkat Venkataramanan <th...@gmail.com>.
Guru:

I actually followed the same steps but now, after restarting, it works. I
did restart the server before, though!

Thanks anyway.