Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com> on 2003/01/30 03:02:37 UTC

Sending a pre-existing MimeMultipart ....

Assuming that one already has a SOAP message that is a:

1) MIME multipart
2) Serialized to disk or database
3) The envelope in the MIME multipart is compliant to the SOAP
specification ... ( it was, after all, serialised using the Apache-SOAP
API using one of the writeTo() methods of either SOAPContext within the
SOAP service )

... how can one send this MIME multipart, which already has the SOAP
envelope in it, via the Apache SOAP API .... so much so that it would
have the same effect as creating a SOAPMessage from an Envelope and
attachments?

There are lots of things that I think may work, including:

*) Create a SOAPContext and call readMultipart().
*) Creating a TransportMessage with a null Envelope and with the
SOAPContext ( created in the previous step ) passed as argument
 constructors
*) Send the TransportMesage via HttpUtils.post()

or

*) Create a SOAPContext and call readMultipart().
*) Create a SOAPHttpConnection and call send() with a null Envelope and
the SOAPContext ( created in the previous setp ) passed as arguments.

But ... of course ... I do not understand the whole ramifications of
doing either of these two without input from those who wrote the API.
( Yes, I have the source ... but still not clear to me if the above will
work as desired )

Any ideas?

Thanks