Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Lutz Steinborn <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2007/04/03 14:18:36 UTC

changing the schema

Hi,

I'm using Solr now for a while and I'm feeling fine. Its much easier to use
as native Lucene.
Many thanks for the good job.

But one question cames up as the index goes bigger and bigger: is it
possible to add fields to the schema without a complete   reindex ?

We are using Solr for a b2b catalog application with millions of records. A
complete reindex takes hours.

Kindly regards
Lutz Steinborn
http://www.4c-ag.de

Re: changing the schema

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 4/3/07, Lutz Steinborn <lu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> But one question cames up as the index goes bigger and bigger: is it
> possible to add fields to the schema without a complete   reindex ?

Absolutely.

-Mike