Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/04 14:25:26 UTC

Unable to rollback changes with Nifi Registry

Hi all,

I am starting to play with Nifi Registry. I am using Nifi 1.12.1 and Nifi
Registry 0.7.0 almost with all default configurations. No security on both.
My flow has some custom processors and services which were generated by
nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.3.2.

I was able to create a bucket in Nifi Registry and started the version
control and committed some changes.  The problem appeared when I tested
roll back local changes and following error appears in the UI

Found bundle com.foo:myprocessr-nar:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT but does not support
com.foo.MyService

There are no errors in Nifi Registry and Nifi logs. A 409 conflict issue
appears in the browser developer console: POST
http://localhost:8000/nifi-api/versions/revert-requests/process-groups/e8ff381c-0174-1000-b8ce-873a9ad9bd47
operation.

I uploaded two NARs files to Nifi Registry using upload bundle
<https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/user-guide.html#upload-bundle>
to test if that was the problem but it didn't work also.

I cannot find too much in google, anyone has an idea what does this error
mean? and also, how I can fix it? Notice the processors and services are
working without issues on Nifi. Both NAR files were packed using

I tried change to true  "allowBundleRedeploy":   "allowPublicRead":  but
still failed (it is created with false).

Thanks

Re: Disable Controller Service - Cause NIFI Node(s) in Cluster to Disconnect and Reconnect

Posted by jgunvaldson <jg...@cox.net>.
We are considering a maintenance window to shutdown and copy known stable node flow.xml.gz to all the other nodes and restart as a first step

Two nodes dropping out may be to missing references in Controller Service that may be fixed by flow.xml updates

It’s an idea?

John

Re: Unable to rollback changes with Nifi Registry

Posted by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com>.
I finally discovered the issue and how to solve it.

My first version of the service *MyService* was packaged on myprocessors-nar.
I added it as a service and in Controller Services it appears as Bundle
with com.foo - my-processors-nar. I developed some stuff and I used the
service. After that I repackaged the service in another NAR file although I
did not remove the controller service. It was working without removing it
and the Bundle value shows com.foo - my-processors-nar instead of com.foo -
my-service-nar.

If I add the service again, it shows the correct bundle. So the workaround
is remove old services (although they was working fine) and add them again.
That fix the Bundle value and I am able to rollback changes.

Thanks,
Juan

Posted by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com>.
These are my pom.xml files:

*myprocessor nar:*

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Juan

Probably best to create a jira with all the details you provided here so
someone can look into it when available

Thanks

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 12:00 PM Juan Pablo Gardella <

Posted by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,