Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by c tang <cc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/14 15:59:48 UTC

tomcat4 naming context

Hi all,

I am writing an app in which a web component accesses
ejbs in an appserver (borland appserver).  The
appserver has its naming service running and all ejb
register with it.

If the naming service in tomcat is running, lookup for
ejbs will fail.  This is not an option.

If the naming service in tomcat is disable by using
-nonaming option, the web component can lookup ejb by
using ejbs' jndi name.  However, All the env
variables, ejb-refs, and resources specified web tier
are no longer available through lookup.  Is there a
way that allows web resources register in naming
service started in appserver?  If not, how do I solve
the dilema?

Thanks!

ct