Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Franz Garsombke <fg...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/11 17:26:15 UTC

SM Build Error

For our evaluation we need SOAP over HTTP. I  understand that this has not been released in SM 2.0.3 but is in SVN. I  am trying to build the current codebase.

  I have installed Maven 2.X and Subversion. Using JDK 5.0 I ran the commands:

  svn co svn://svn.servicemix.org/servicemix/scm/trunk

  and then

  mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true -e

  I am experiencing this error. I seem to have lost my mojo, baby :)

  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using o
  ne.
  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Trace
  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with
  an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:555)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.ja
  va:472)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecuto
  r.java:303)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:27
  0)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:139)
          at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
          at  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project wi
  th an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
          at  org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:359)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:530)
          ... 16 more
  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 54 seconds
  [INFO] Finished at: Wed Jan 11 09:17:38 MST 2006
  [INFO] Final Memory: 2M/4M
  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  1. Have I exercised the correct commands?
  2. I understand you are moving back to Maven 1.X. Will this fix the build problem? Do you have an ETA for this?

  Thanks in advance.

  Franz

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: SM Build Error

Posted by Franz Garsombke <fg...@yahoo.com>.
So I got my POM mojo back...but am now seeing  errors around artifacts. Is this typical? I see about 30-40 WARNINGs on  downloading jars. Thoughts?

  Downloading: http://dist.codehaus.org/javax.resource/jars/connector-1.0.jar
  [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org)
  Downloading: http://cvs.apache.org/repository/javax.resource/jars/connector-1.0.jar
  [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache (http://cvs.apache.org/repository)
  Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/resource/connector/1.0/connector-1.0.jar
  [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

  required artifacts missing:
    javax.mail:mail:jar:1.3.2
    javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2
    javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B
    javax.resource:connector:jar:1.0

  for the artifact:
    servicemix:servicemix-core:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT

  from the specified remote repositories:
    codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),
    apache (http://cvs.apache.org/repository)

  [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Trace
  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: required artifacts missing:
    javax.mail:mail:jar:1.3.2
    javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2
    javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B
    javax.resource:connector:jar:1.0

  for the artifact:
    servicemix:servicemix-core:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT

  from the specified remote repositories:
    codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),
    apache (http://cvs.apache.org/repository)

          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:547)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.ja
  va:472)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecuto
  r.java:303)
          at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:27
  0)

Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr> wrote:  First, you should check that you ran maven in the right directory.
You should have a file pom.xml in the directory where you launch maven.

The m1 build should be back next week, but i am not sure if it will be
monday or friday ;)

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Yahoo! Photos