Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/31 22:02:11 UTC

Why org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server instead of org.mortbay.jetty.Server?

Team, our org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine uses
Eclipse's wrapper of the Jetty server (org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server)
instead of the actual object (org.mortbay.jetty.Server). Out of curiosity,
is there a reason for that--is the Eclipse wrappered version more useful or
more up-to-date or?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Why org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server instead of org.mortbay.jetty.Server?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Saturday 31 July 2010 4:02:11 pm Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team, our org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine uses
> Eclipse's wrapper of the Jetty server (org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server)
> instead of the actual object (org.mortbay.jetty.Server). Out of curiosity,
> is there a reason for that--is the Eclipse wrappered version more useful or
> more up-to-date or?

This is on trunk.  2.2.x still uses org.mortbay.

The basic reason is that 6.x will be the last org.mortbay versions.    jetty
is now officially an Eclipse project and versions 7 and greater will be
org.eclipse, not org.mortbay.    The org.eclipse stuff doesn't wrapper the
org.mortbay, it replaces it.    On trunk, we've updated to 7.x (and will
probably go to 8.x once 8.0 is released).

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org