Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Porter <jp...@o2ointeractive.com> on 2013/09/09 21:34:47 UTC

eDismax Phrase Field Boosts on Single Terms

I am curious how the dismay parser handles single term queries and phrase boosts.  For example, if I had a query

q=bars   with the following dismax parameters:  qf=categories and pf=categories^100

I would expect that the parser would match on the QF parameter but then also match again on the PF parameter and apply the boost.  I am not seeing this.  Should I be?

The reason I was trying to avoid applying both a QF and PF boost is because i do want to boost on values like:  "Bars and Restaurants" and a PF boost makes the most sense here rather than boosting on any documents that contain "Bar" or "Restaurant"

Thanks in advance.

Jeff