Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/12/29 22:02:40 UTC

CS MS Logging Level

Hi,

Does anyone know if the logging level or something like that changed on the
management server in 4.6?

It seems like it's spewing out tons of information to the console these
days.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Awesome - thanks again, Daan!

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

<mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
> Great - thanks, Daan!
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I got around looking at this (under peer pressure @SBP;) There is a
>> property to maven jetty plugin:
>>           <systemProperties>
>>             <systemProperty>
>>               <name>log4j.configuration</name>
>>               <value>${project.build.directory}/log4j.xml</value> <!--
>> or something like this -->
>>             </systemProperty>
>>           </systemProperties>
>>
>> doing some final test before checking in. Not sure what changed but in
>> jetty and when. It seems to pick the first or last on the class path
>> or the lowest or highest hashed one without this set. dunno
>>
>> Daan
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Anshul,
>> >
>> > The hyperv log4j configuration should not be used at all.

>> is cleaning up expired async-jobs.

>> plugin  if you think that is causing the problem.
>> change. And in any case it will be available in vmops.log.

Daan

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Great - thanks, Daan!

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Anshul,

<an...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Daan,
>
> I am not seeing extraneous logs on my dev setup other than thread which is cleaning up expired async-jobs.
>
> You can safely change CONSOLE appender's threshold to INFO in hyperv plugin  if you think that is causing the problem.
> We will not lose much info which we want to show to user by this change. And in any case it will be available in vmops.log.
> CONSOLE appender's threshold is set to TRACE since the start of plugin.

Daan

RE: CS MS Logging Level

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Re: CS MS Logging Level

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

<mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if the logging level or something like that changed on the
> management server in 4.6?
>
> It seems like it's spewing out tons of information to the console these
> days.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*