Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 10:04:18 UTC

Stored proc with spark

Hi
Can I load the data into spark from oracle storedproc

Thanks

Re: Stored proc with spark

Posted by Alonso Isidoro Roman <al...@gmail.com>.
relational databases? what about sqoop?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sqoop

Alonso Isidoro Roman.

Mis citas preferidas (de hoy) :
"Si depurar es el proceso de quitar los errores de software, entonces
programar debe ser el proceso de introducirlos..."
 -  Edsger Dijkstra

My favorite quotes (today):
"If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming
must be the process of putting ..."
  - Edsger Dijkstra

"If you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

Re: Stored proc with spark

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
There are many facets to this topic, you could use Sqoop or the spark jdbc driver or oracle Hadoop loader or external tables in oracle that use coprocessors to stream directly to compressed csv files that are important by spark. Depends all on volumes, non-functional and functional requirements.

Re: Stored proc with spark

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

do you mean stored proc that returns a table?

Regards,
Gourav