Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/23 02:11:15 UTC

maven-eclipse-plugin failing on hudson - help needed.

This builds fine on my machine (windows xp) and on people.apache.org.

I dont know why this is failing on hudson. I do not have ANT on my
path for either of the machines that build successfully - that is why
the dependencies are included in the antrun plugin configuration.

Could I ask for some more devs to checkout and install with -Prun-its
and see that it works on their environment.

And if by chance someone knows what the problems is please let me know.

=== pom.xml plugin def ===
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>verify-integration-tests-checks</id>
            <phase>post-integration-test</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <script language="beanshell"
src="verify-integration-tests-checks.bsh" />
              </tasks>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.ant</groupId>
            <artifactId>ant-nodeps</artifactId>
            <version>1.7.1</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.ant</groupId>
              <artifactId>ant-apache-bsf</artifactId>
              <version>1.7.1</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.beanshell</groupId>
            <artifactId>bsh</artifactId>
            <version>2.0b4</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>

=== hudson console output ===
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: An Ant
BuildException has occured: file verify-integration-tests-checks.bsh
not found.
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:703)
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:540)
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:371)
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:332)
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:181)
       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:356)
       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:137)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: An Ant
BuildException has occured: file verify-integration-tests-checks.bsh
not found.
       at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks(AbstractAntMojo.java:131)
       at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AntRunMojo.execute(AntRunMojo.java:98)
       at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:483)
       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:678)
       ... 16 more
Caused by: file verify-integration-tests-checks.bsh not found.
       at org.apache.tools.ant.util.ScriptRunnerBase.setSrc(ScriptRunnerBase.java:197)
       at org.apache.tools.ant.util.ScriptRunnerHelper.getScriptRunner(ScriptRunnerHelper.java:57)
       at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
       at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
       at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
       at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks(AbstractAntMojo.java:118)
       ... 19 more

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin failing on hudson - help needed.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
use new File(basedir,xxxx)

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Benjamin
Bentmann<be...@udo.edu> wrote:
> Barrie Treloar wrote:
>
>> This builds fine on my machine (windows xp) and on people.apache.org.
>>
>> I dont know why this is failing on hudson.
>
> Likely because Hudson does a reactor build with the current working
> directory being trunk/ and not maven-eclipse-plugin/. E.g. doing
>
>  cd ..
>  mvn integration-test -P run-its -f maven-eclipse-plugin/pom.xml
>
> from the maven-eclipse-plugin directory should also fail for you.

Hmm, the echo via

                <property name="cwd" location="."/>
                <echo message="cwd = ${cwd}"/>
returns
[echo] cwd = /home/hudson/workspace/plugins-CI-with-maven-2.1.x/jdk/1.5/label/ubuntu/trunk/maven-eclipse-plugin

which would indicate that it is the correct directory.

I will try using An't property location to expand the path for me:

                <property name="script"
location="verify-integration-tests-checks.bsh"/>
                <echo message="script = ${script}"/>
                <script language="beanshell" src="${script}" />

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin failing on hudson - help needed.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Barrie Treloar wrote:

> This builds fine on my machine (windows xp) and on people.apache.org.
>
> I dont know why this is failing on hudson.

Likely because Hudson does a reactor build with the current working
directory being trunk/ and not maven-eclipse-plugin/. E.g. doing

   cd ..
   mvn integration-test -P run-its -f maven-eclipse-plugin/pom.xml

from the maven-eclipse-plugin directory should also fail for you.

> And if by chance someone knows what the problems is please let me know.

 From [0]:

     /**
      * Load the script from an external file ; optional.
      *
      * @param fileName the name of the file containing the script source.
      */
     public void setSrc(String fileName) {
         helper.setSrc(new File(fileName));
     }

I suspect that the call "new File(fileName)" is missing a check for a
relative path to resolve that against the project base dir.

Benjamin

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/Script.java

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin failing on hudson - help needed.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Barrie Treloar<ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM, John Casey<jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:
>> This would seem to be the result of some path that's taken for granted to be
>> a certain way, but for some reason is different out on hudson.
>>
>> Have you tried to <echo..> the path from the antrun plugin, or else use an
>> absolute path like:
>>
>> ${project.basedir}/verify-integration-tests-checks.bsh
>>
>> Just a few ideas...
>
> Thanks, they should help me.
> I'm reluctant to add ${project.basedir} as I suspect that the other
> file I am "sourcing" will need basedir too.
> Oh well, if it does I can hack around that.

[echo] cwd = /home/hudson/workspace/plugins-CI-with-maven-2.1.x/jdk/1.5/label/ubuntu/trunk/maven-eclipse-plugin

Which makes me go "hmm" why can't it find the file then.
Its in the workspace
https://grid.sonatype.org/ci/job/plugins-CI-with-maven-2.1.x/jdk=1.5,label=ubuntu/ws/trunk/maven-eclipse-plugin/

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin failing on hudson - help needed.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You might try adding ${basedir} into the src attribute, but strange
that it would try to run anywhere but the current directory. I assume
that that file is properly checked out, which you should be able to
check in Hudson.

FTR, it runs fine on my machine too (Mac).

- Brett

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.