Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Chris Harding <xw...@dial.pipex.com> on 2001/09/26 18:13:58 UTC

Configuration

Hello,
  I'm having problems starting slide on Tomcat. I'm using the Slide release
1.0.14 war file with Tomcat 3.2 and having this problem all the time, on the
start of Tomcat. Any ideas where the parser should be. I've replaced the
Crimson.jar and jaxp.jar files with the latest available. But still get this
error message.

!!! Unable to start Slide Servlet !!!
You are using using an incorrect older XML parser
that doesn't provide Element::getElementsByTagNameNS
consult the documentation for a list of valid XML parsers.

Any help would be great.

Chris Harding

Re: Configuration

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> Hello,
>   I'm having problems starting slide on Tomcat. I'm using the Slide
release
> 1.0.14 war file with Tomcat 3.2 and having this problem all the time, on
the
> start of Tomcat. Any ideas where the parser should be. I've replaced the
> Crimson.jar and jaxp.jar files with the latest available. But still get
this
> error message.

> !!! Unable to start Slide Servlet !!!
> You are using using an incorrect older XML parser
> that doesn't provide Element::getElementsByTagNameNS
> consult the documentation for a list of valid XML parsers.

The hacks for namespace support we used before were removed, but the
downside is that we now need DOM2 support. So that means either the JAXP 1.1
RI (and Crimson) or Xerces (1.4 or 2.0 - I tried 2.0 beta, and it worked
well).

Remy

Re: Configuration

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Chris Harding wrote:

> Hello,
>   I'm having problems starting slide on Tomcat. I'm using the Slide release
> 1.0.14 war file with Tomcat 3.2 and having this problem all the time, on the
> start of Tomcat. Any ideas where the parser should be. I've replaced the
> Crimson.jar and jaxp.jar files with the latest available. But still get this
> error message.

> !!! Unable to start Slide Servlet !!!
> You are using using an incorrect older XML parser
> that doesn't provide Element::getElementsByTagNameNS
> consult the documentation for a list of valid XML parsers.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Chris Harding

Delete jaxp.jar and parser.jar in tomcat/lib
Copy crimson.jar and jaxp.jar from the slide distribution to tomcat/lib.

Dirk