Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ch...@TravelChannel.com on 2009/11/17 16:21:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about mod_ajp and mod_jk ProxyPassReverse

Guys,

We are switching out mod_ajp for mod_jk and have ran into a wall  with ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse.

With mod_ajp we have this setting

<Proxy balancer://potapp>
   BalancerMember ajp://tomcat05:8009 smax=20 min=0 max=10 loadfactor=1 flushpackets=on route=node1
   BalancerMember ajp://tomcat06:8009 smax=20 min=0 max=10 loadfactor=1 flushpackets=on route=node1
</Proxy>

  ProxyPass /travelchannel balancer://potapp/travelchannel/
   ProxyPassReverse /travelchannel balancer://potapp/travelchannel/

   ProxyPass /travel balancer://potapp/travel/
   ProxyPassReverse /travel balancer://potapp/travel/

   ProxyPass /AppConsole balancer://potapp/AppConsole/
   ProxyPassReverse /AppConsole balancer://potapp/AppConsole/

When we try to use these setting that work with mod_ajp, we get a 404 with mod_jk. I have no clue. Do I need to do something different with ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse? I been seaching the net with no luck.

CHUCK PAYNE |  Unix System Administrator

TRAVEL CHANNEL MEDIA
3700 Mansell Rd, Suite 500
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Office: 404-269-5533
Blackberry: 770-940-7765
email:chuck.payne@travelchannel.com

CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com

Need IT help?  Go to http://Keystoneweb.corp.cox.com
Or contact us at Support@TravelChannel.com / 301-244-7777
Cox Communications Help Desk (24 X 7 X 365): 800-637-3545
 ------------------------------------
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom (or entity to which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views that are not the views of The Travel Channel, L.L.C.

TRAVEL BUG EFFECT: Strong Attraction to Haunted Places
Ghost Adventures, Fridays at 9PM E/P
CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com

Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ajp and mod_jk ProxyPassReverse

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.
chuck,

* Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at> [2009-11-17 23:54]:
> * Chuck.Payne@TravelChannel.com <Ch...@TravelChannel.com> [2009-11-17 17:42]:
> > Because we are running productions, as stated on the Apache site in
> > BOLD letters, mod_ajp is not for production use. We see our jboss
> > down with it.
>
> I see a few references to mod_ajp from 2004 (e.g. in this thread[1])
> but I guess you're referring to mod_proxy_ajp here?
>
> Where is that statement to be found? The obvious place
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html did not
> feature such a note. Also
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors#Q2 didn't say that.
> Since a quick search didn't turn up something, I'd appreciate a
> pointer.

I'd still like to know where on "the Apache site" this statement is to
be found, exactly.
Thanks,
-peter

Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ajp and mod_jk ProxyPassReverse

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.
chuck,

* Chuck.Payne@TravelChannel.com <Ch...@TravelChannel.com> [2009-11-17 17:42]:
> Because we are running productions, as stated on the Apache site in
> BOLD letters, mod_ajp is not for production use. We see our jboss
> down with it.

I see a few references to mod_ajp from 2004 (e.g. in this thread[1])
but I guess you're referring to mod_proxy_ajp here?

Where is that statement to be found? The obvious place
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html did not
feature such a note. Also
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors#Q2 didn't say that.
Since a quick search didn't turn up something, I'd appreciate a
pointer.

cheers,
-peter

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg60479.html

RE: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ajp and mod_jk ProxyPassReverse

Posted by Ch...@TravelChannel.com.

Posted by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com>.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM, <Ch...@travelchannel.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> We are switching out mod_ajp for mod_jk and have ran into a wall  with
> ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse.
>
> With mod_ajp we have this setting
>

> <Proxy balancer://potapp>
>   BalancerMember ajp://tomcat05:8009 smax=20 min=0 max=10 loadfactor=1
> flushpackets=on route=node1
>   BalancerMember ajp://tomcat06:8009 smax=20 min=0 max=10 loadfactor=1
> flushpackets=on route=node1
> </Proxy>
>

>  ProxyPass /travelchannel balancer://potapp/travelchannel/
>   ProxyPassReverse /travelchannel balancer://potapp/travelchannel/
>
>   ProxyPass /travel balancer://potapp/travel/
>   ProxyPassReverse /travel balancer://potapp/travel/
>
>   ProxyPass /AppConsole balancer://potapp/AppConsole/
>   ProxyPassReverse /AppConsole balancer://potapp/AppConsole/
>

> When we try to use these setting that work with mod_ajp, we get a 404 with
> mod_jk. I have no clue. Do I need to do something different with
> ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse? I been seaching the net with no luck.
>
> CHUCK PAYNE |  Unix System Administrator

You need to make sure that your URLs are balanced - if the URL you are
passing ends in a slash, then the URL you are passing it to must also, and
vice versa.

Eg,

ProxyPass              /travelchannel/   balancer://potapp/travelchannel/
ProxyPassReverse /travelchannel/    balancer://potapp/travelchannel/

Cheers

Tom