Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com> on 2003/07/04 19:47:28 UTC

What's the best way to duplicate a struts project -- like for pilot purpose

I have done this too many times now.  Still hasn't figured out a way to do this
efficiently.  Wonder anyone has better practices than copying and pasting or
putting a lot of temporary if-else in the code?

Re: What's the best way to duplicate a struts project -- like for pilot purpose

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I'd try setting up a "pilot" branch in the struts-config that used the
new funcationality. So instead of /edit they would go to /pilot/edit.

-Ted.

Yansheng Lin wrote:
> Oh, what we try to do is: sometimes we have to demo some enhanced functunality
> to certain clients in production mode.
>
> So it's like having two almost identical struts applications running on
> production machine, except one is real, the other is for pilot(going to be real
> if clients want these new enhancements).   Note they are both running in
> 'production mode', which mean the development and testing is already done on
> test machines.
>
> It's not as easy as you might think.  Especially when the application gets to be
> more than 2G!

Ted Husted,

RE: What's the best way to duplicate a struts project -- like for pilot purpose

Posted by "Jamie M. Guillemette" <Ja...@av-basesystems.com>.