Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Thomas Heitzmann <th...@she.net> on 2001/08/03 11:50:26 UTC

Re: Again: unicode character error parsing an encoded base64 string (Solution found)

Hello folks,

I've found the solution by the following reply to a similiar question:

>An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xfc) was found in the element content
of the document.
> Reply 2 of 2     < Previous | Next >  Back to Question | Return to Search

>  Author: Johannes Koch (koch@pixelpark.com)
>Date: Jul 16 2001 6:25AM
>Sources: comp.text.xml

>Volkmar Nissen schrieb:
>>
>> I got that message parsing a XML document with character
encoding='UTF-8'
>> (Using xalan 2.1, xerces 1.4)
>> the XML document  contains '#' characters. After removing this
characters
>> from the document, everything works fine.
>>
>> AFAIK, the '#' character is a allowed character in a XML document. So I
>> don't know, why  this message is generated.

>'#' is Unicode 0x23. 0xfc is ''. Perhaps the encoding for the character
>'' is not in utf-8 as you posted, but in iso-8859-1.
>--
>Johannes Koch  . IT Developer
>Pixelpark AG   . http://www.pixelpark.com
>Rotherstrae 8 . 10245 Berlin  .  Germany
>phone: +49 30 5058 - 1288  .  fax: - 1355

In my case I have to declare the document as "iso-8859-1" and the image
data encoded on base64 passes the XML parser without any error.

--
SHE Informationstechnologie AG