Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com> on 2004/11/22 22:30:18 UTC

table prefix

A little while ago someone was suggesting that they were working on
adding a feature that would allow one to specify a database table
prefix (to be used by all Slide tables) which would be used both by the
initialization sql and the java code.

Is that work happening?

Thanks.

Richard

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.

Re: table prefix

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.
If I said suffix its not what I meant .... yes, prefix is much better.

Richard

Re: table prefix

Re: table prefix

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Most of the applications I deal with run with a dedicated database. This
makes management and configuration easier, and allows for finer-grained
performance tuning.

Adding a prefix to the table names shouldn't be too hard, though, and
from the other thread it sounds like almost everything has been done.
Anyone volunteer to finish things up?

-James

Re: table prefix

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.

Re: table prefix

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: table prefix

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.
Var George,

Yes, thats the thread.

Thanks, hope someone in the Slide project will help.

Richard

Re: table prefix

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.
Var George,

RDBMSComparableResourcesPool is used in
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.expression.RDBMSExpressionFactory

which has the following javadoc:

DASL Basic search expression factory that compiles query expressions
to native SQL queries

While we do not plan to use DASL, for completeness one would like
(and I assume the Slide folks would require) this to work with
table prefixes.

How did you implement adding the prefix to the table names in the
java code and in the sql scripts.

Did you use Ants ability to filter files and copy all of the sources
to a generated-source directory having Ant replace a table prefix
like @TABLE_PREFIX@ with either the empty string "" or with a
supplied prefix string (like "SLIDE_")?

Richard

Re: table prefix

[...]