Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2016/07/01 13:34:10 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP

Based on community discussions on the project mailing lists and the current
state of Apache Kudu (incubating) I would like to start a community VOTE for
Apache Kudu (incubating) to graduate from the Incubator and become a Top
Level Project. If thisVOTE is successful then I will call an Incubator PMC
VOTE, and pending that successfully passing, will add the project
graduation resolution below into the board agenda to be discussed at the
next board meeting.

Status page: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kudu.html
Graduation discussion: https://s.apache.org/T8Uj

Please vote

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP because…

I have added an extra day to the voting window to cover the holiday.

Voting will end in 72 hours, i.e. Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:00:00 Noon
EST.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20160705T12

I would like to get the voting started with my own +1

-Jake

Resolution:

Establish the Apache Kudu Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to a distributed columnar storage engine
built for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Kudu Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Kudu Project be and hereby is
related to a distributed columnar storage engine built
for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Kudu" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Kudu Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Kudu Project; and be it further

Apache Kudu Project:

  * Adar Dembo <ad...@apache.org>
  * Alex Feinberg <av...@apache.org>
  * Andrew Wang <wa...@apache.org>
  * Binglin Chang <bc...@apache.org>
  * Brock Noland <br...@apache.org>
  * Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>
  * Chris Mattman <ma...@apache.org>
  * Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>
  * David Alves <dr...@apache.org>
  * Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>
  * Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>
  * Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>
  * Julien Le Dem <ju...@apache.org>
  * Michael Stack <st...@apache.org>
  * Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>
  * Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>
  * Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Todd Lipcon
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Kudu, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Kudu PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Kudu Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Kudu Project be and hereby
Incubator Kudu podling; and be it further

Incubator Kudu podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP

Posted by Jordan Birdsell <jo...@statefarm.com>.
+1

great work everyone

The PPMC has done a nice job developing the community

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 from me..thanks Jake.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1
St.Ack

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Reiterating my vote +1 after modification.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Moving vote over to amended vote, +1 (Kick me again if I'm voting in wrong
place might Mike).
St.Ack

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@cloudera.com>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:48 AM, Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jake:
>
> It looks like there is a problem with the proposal. Based on the [DISCUSS]
> thread, I believe this list of members should be updated per my previous
> email [1] to this list (minus Justin).
>
> I think the vote should be restarted.
>
> Thank you for putting this together and running the vote!
>
> Mike
>
> [1]
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kudu-dev/201606.mbox/%3CCAJLbxRa%3DoMjgrm86T6VEUASXLgjc3RE2_SbZcjdgrA2ygC%3D8Yg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

I suppose I should also point to the message [2] in the [DISCUSS] thread
where this was proposed with two +1 indications and no dissent.

Mike

[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kudu-dev/201606.mbox/%3CCADY20s7a6ejpaWyda4zr4bz8M5fzqU3LbwfcYPbjCipipdO7xg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Kudu as a TLP

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Jake:

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
+1