Posted to site-dev@james.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/11/04 11:06:34 UTC

[James Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by EricCharles

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "James Wiki" for change notification.

The "FrontPage" page has been changed by EricCharles.
http://wiki.apache.org/james/FrontPage?action=diff&rev1=64&rev2=65

  [[http://james.apache.org|The James Project]] hosts the [[MailetAPI|Apache Mailet API]], and James provides an implementation of this mail application platform API.

   * FrequentlyAskedQuestions - On usage and configuration
-  * [[Development]] - Developer Discussions
   * JamesVolunteers - Volunteers contributing to the James Project
   * JamesUsers - Users interested in talk about how they use James
   * JamesByTheNumbers - Scalability testing.
   * JamesForYourBoss - Selling James to your boss.
-  * JamesRelatedTools - other tools that work well with James
   * MailetIdeas - various (probably not yet implemented) ideas for mail processing
   * MailetVsProcmail - comparing and contrasting ways to process email messages
   * MailetRoadMap
   * SpamBlocking - sites, organizations, products, and articles to help reduce spamming.
-  * NoFastFail - explanation of why we don't and in general why it isn't very effective.
-  * FastFail - developer discussion of Fast-Fail plans.
-  * JamesV3 - James version 3 in development
   * JamesUserTypes - Defines the roles and responsibilities of the various user types.
-
   * DevelopmentToolNotes - How to configure and use tools that assist in the development of James
+  * JamesRelatedTools - other tools that work well with James
   * JamesPostage - a tool for testing James, using configurable mail traffic profiles
   * [[http://www.nabble.com/James-f141.html|James Forum /Archive]] - an unofficial forum hosted by [[http://www.nabble.com/|Nabble]]  archiving  the James project mailing lists. You can cross search or  browse project messages there. You can also search the 5 James mailing  lists at [[http://james.markmail.org/|james.markmail.org]].
   * [[http://www.java201.com/resources/browse/31-all.html|James Resources]] - Articles, Books, Research papers, Tutorials.
   * JamesAndSendmail

+  * [[Development]] - Developer Discussions
+
  ----
  James V3
+
+  * JamesV3 - James version 3 in development
+  * V3ConfigTutorial
+  * FastFail - developer discussion of Fast-Fail plans.

  ----
  James V2

  James V2 is based upon the [[http://avalon.apache.org|Apache Avalon application framework]]. The Avalon project has closed. '''Don't Panic'''. James is alive and well. We haven't got any real problems with the versions of Avalon things we depend upon, but we understand that we can't continue to offer James deployed on an end-of-line'd platform. So we're currently discussing all the options, and trying to reach a happy consensus about the way to go next. In the meantime the James team will continue to support our users with all of their James related issues, and if there are Avalon issues in there we'll help there too. The Avalon code we depend upon is still here at the ASF and we can fork it if we want to make changes.

-  * JamesQuickstart - Beginners guide to have James running quickly and disable spamming.
+   * JamesQuickstart - Beginners guide to have James running quickly and disable spamming.
-  * JamesDocumentationNotes: notes on what has been recently asked/answered and should get into the FAQ/CVS docs at some point.
+   * JamesDocumentationNotes: notes on what has been recently asked/answered and should get into the FAQ/CVS docs at some point.
    * [[log4j|Log4J in James]]
    * LogRotation
    * SmartOrSecondaryHost
@@ -61, +62 @@

    * [[Bayesian_Analysis]] - spam detection mailets using bayesian analysis techniques
    * ConfigureJmx
    * Outlook2002Problems - 0x8004210B error
+   * NoFastFail - explanation of why we don't and in general why it isn't very effective.

  ----
  Interesting starting points: