Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bela Kovac <wi...@uni-paderborn.de> on 2004/01/10 23:56:44 UTC

JSP Portlet Problem

Hi,

i'm new to the list and to Jetspeed. I read many documents about adding
an own portlet to Jetspeed. I tried adding a JSP Portlet, but let's
first talk about my setup.

I use Jetspeed 1.4b4 on a Mac, with java 1.4.1 and tomcat 5.x
I downloaded the binary form of jetspeed (WAR) and put in the the
tomcat webapps folder. Then i startet tomcat. To make a long story
short, jetspeed is alive and kicking at localhost:8080/jetspeed. So far
so good.

The i wanted to add a JSP Portlet (which does nothing than a Hello
World), and put a file "HelloWorld.xreg" in .../jetspeed/WEB-INF/conf:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<registry>
     <portlet-entry name="HelloWorld" hidden="false" type="ref"
parent="JSP" application="false">
             <title>HelloWorld</title>
             <description>Mein erstes Jetspeed JSP-Portlet</description>
         <parameter name="template" value="HelloWorld.jsp"
hidden="true"/>
         <media-type ref="html"/>
         <category>demo</category>
         <category>jsp.demo</category>
     </portlet-entry>
</registry>

Additionally i put the file "HelloWolrd.jsp" in the folder
.../jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/portlets/html:

<%@ page language="java"
          session="false"
%>
<%@ taglib uri='/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/tld/template.tld'
prefix='jetspeed' %>
Hello World!

Finally i logged into Jetspeed (using my own login) and added the
HelloWorld JSP-Portlet as described in the Jetspeed-Tutorial (Add
Portlet, then Save and Apply). The Frame of my Portlet is shown, but i
get no Hello World, but an error message saying:

JSPViewProcessor: Could not include the following JSP Page:
[HelloWorld.jsp] : null

I have no idea where look for my error. If anyone can help me out i
would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance,

Bela

PS: if this question was answered before, please don't flame me and
give me a hint... ;-)

--
"Der Blitzableiter auf einem Kirchturm ist das denkbar stärkste
Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott."

Re: JSP Portlet Problem

Posted by Bela Kovac <wi...@uni-paderborn.de>.
Am 10.01.2004 um 23:56 schrieb Bela Kovac:

> Additionally i put the file "HelloWolrd.jsp" in the folder
> .../jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/portlets/html:

"HelloWolrd.jsp" -> That's a type, not the source of the error. Sorry.

Re: JSP Portlet Problem

Posted by Bela Kovac <wi...@uni-paderborn.de>.
Am 11.01.2004 um 06:33 schrieb Robin Antony:

> Hi,
> I feel you might have mistyped the spelling of HelloWorld.jsp
>
>> Additionally i put the file "HelloWolrd.jsp" in the folder
>> .../jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/portlets/html:

The spelling of HelloWorld.jsp is correct in my portal. As i said
earlier the mispelling you mentioned was only a typo in my mail. But
thanks anyways.

Still i didn't get rid of the error and i still have no idea why... :-(

Bela

Re: JSP Portlet Problem

Posted by Robin Antony <ro...@www.newgsystem.com>.
Hi,
I feel you might have mistyped the spelling of HelloWorld.jsp

>Additionally i put the file "HelloWolrd.jsp" in the folder
>.../jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/portlets/html:

Cheers
Robin
New G System Pte Ltd

RE: JSP Portlet Problem

Posted by "Suchisubhra Sinha (susinha)" <su...@cisco.com>.
Try  to  add this portlet conf in demo-portlets.xreg  or  create
local-portlets.xreg and give a shot.

~suchi