Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Bertoch <ja...@i6ix.com> on 2010/01/05 14:40:53 UTC

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.3.0-rc1 available

Warren Togami wrote:
> Apache SpamAssassin 3.3.0-rc1 is now available for testing.

I've been running 3.3.0-rc1 for a little over a week with no noticeable
issues, but I've made an observation that I'd like to note.  I have
several role accounts (hostmaster, abuse, etc) set with the all_spam_to
parameter.  With SA 3.2.5, it appeared that no other tests were run for
accounts set like this.  However, I'm seeing that although the score is
dropped by 100, the rest of the regular ruleset is still being applied
to the message.  This hasn't been problematic thus far, but it was my
understanding that remaining tests should be skipped to save CPU cycles.
  Is this change intentional, a bug, or have I lost my mind and it has
always worked like this?

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.3.0-rc1 available

Posted by Jason Bertoch <ja...@i6ix.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 13:40, Jason Bertoch <ja...@i6ix.com> wrote:
>> Warren Togami wrote:
>>> Apache SpamAssassin 3.3.0-rc1 is now available for testing.
>>>
>> I've been running 3.3.0-rc1 for a little over a week with no noticeable
>> issues, but I've made an observation that I'd like to note.  I have several
>> role accounts (hostmaster, abuse, etc) set with the all_spam_to parameter.
>>  With SA 3.2.5, it appeared that no other tests were run for accounts set
>> like this.  However, I'm seeing that although the score is dropped by 100,
>> the rest of the regular ruleset is still being applied to the message.  This
>> hasn't been problematic thus far, but it was my understanding that remaining
>> tests should be skipped to save CPU cycles.  Is this change intentional, a
>> bug, or have I lost my mind and it has always worked like this?
>

> Did you have the Shortcircuit plugin active in 3.2.5?

Yes, and it is still loading in v320.pre.

--lint -D:

Jan  5 08:47:50.247 [10430] dbg: plugin: loading
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit from @INC

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.3.0-rc1 available

Posted by Jason Bertoch <ja...@i6ix.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:

>>> Did you have the Shortcircuit plugin active in 3.2.5?
>>>

>> Yes, and it is still loading in v320.pre.
>>
>> --lint -D:
>>
>> Jan  5 08:47:50.247 [10430] dbg: plugin: loading
>> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit from @INC
>
> Could there have been some custom settings in the config files to
> enable it?  it's not used by default, iirc.

Yes, I believe you're correct that it's not enabled by default.
However, I made sure to enable it in 3.2.5 and it is still enabled in
3.3.0-rc1.  Isn't that what I want so that all_spam_to addresses skip
other rules?

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.3.0-rc1 available

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.

--
--j.