Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/28 08:43:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Whirr 0.6.0-incubating released

The Apache Whirr team is pleased to announce the release of Whirr
0.6.0-incubating from the Apache Incubator.

This is the 6th release of Apache Whirr, a set of libraries for
running cloud services such as Apache Hadoop, HBase, ZooKeeper,
Cassandra, Voldemort, Elasticsearch and Hama.

The release is available here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/whirr/

The full change log is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR/fixforversion/12316468

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://incubator.apache.org/whirr/

The Apache Whirr Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Whirr 0.6.0-incubating released

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Whirr should be able to deploy multiple versions as long as the
configuration files are compatible.

Right now we are testing against the following versions:

* Cassandra 0.7.5
* Hadoop 0.20.2
* CDH3
* elasticsearch 0.15.2
* ZooKeeper 3.3.3
* Voldemort 0.90
* HBase 0.89 & 0.90
* Hama 0.3.0-incubating
* Ganglia (repo version - 3.1.2 or newer)

We should probably have page with this info.

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

Posted by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com>.