Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com> on 2017/08/11 05:02:56 UTC

Non-ascii characters still fails on Drill 1.11

Hi,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4039 was fixed in 1.11. It
failed on the following query below:

SELECT
  `team_long_name`
FROM
  dfs.user.`football/latest`
WHERE `team_long_name` = 'Górnik Łęczna'
LIMIT 500

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR:
CalciteException: Failed to encode 'Górnik Łęczna' in character set
'ISO-8859-1' [Error Id: 220b4d90-e2da-46de-8718-5377b6981220 on
vpc12.o3c.in:31010]

Can someone comment on this?

Regards,
Rahul

--
**** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the named addressee then you should not

Re: Non-ascii characters still fails on Drill 1.11

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.
We need to add a unit test, the last comment in DRILL-4039 suggests that we add a unit test for that fix.

Thanks,

Khurram

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>.
Thanks Arina, It worked after setting the property.

Regards,
Rahul

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul,