Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Cosmin Lehene <cl...@adobe.com> on 2008/05/16 11:09:26 UTC

Dealing with malformed input

Hi,

Is there a way (beside custom functions) to deal with void tuples in a
relations or with non-number atoms in number relation (like empty atom)?

Thank you,
Cosmin

Re: Dealing with malformed input

Posted by pi song <pi...@gmail.com>.
If I understand the question correctly, I think this is a very good point.
"Pig eats everything" This also means we should have a good mechanism to
handle errors in bad input files.

Unfortunately, there is no such mechanism at the moment.

Pi