Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by NandaKishore Vadugu <nv...@csc.com> on 2006/12/26 14:00:40 UTC

Approach for unit testing Page Flow Controller Components(Specifically Controller.java)

Hi

This is Nanda Kishore. I am working on the page flow components integrated
with the Weblogic Portal 9.2.

Please help me in regard with the testing of the PageFlow Components.

Specifically how can we test the Controller.java Component or the
components(java class) that extends PageFlow Controller.
Can we test using Junit or any of the xUnit Architecture.

Thanking you in Anticipation

Best Regards,

Nanda Kishore
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) India Pvt. Ltd.
Mind Space IT Park,Madhapur,
HITEC City, Hyderabad - 500081
Office Tel: +91 40 39803100 ext- 4817
Mobile : +91 (0) 9985410050
nvadugu@csc.com
www.csc.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Approach for unit testing Page Flow Controller Components(Specifically Controller.java)

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
I think HttpUnit may be your best bet. There should be some example
HttpUnit tests that ship with the petstore sample located in:

  <beehive-dist>/samples/petstoreWeb/test-src/

There is an archived email with explanation about of using the
MockPageFlowTestCase class based on StrutsTestCase for JUnit...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/beehive-user/200505.mbox/%3C428D1C90.6030304@bea.com%3E

You can also look at the original JIRA issue to support StrutsTestCase
and container-less "mock objects" testing...
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-615
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/beehive/trunk/netui/test/src/junitTests/org/apache/beehive/netui/test/pageflow/MockPageFlowTestCase.java

There's an open JIRA issue for a new feature to provide support for
in-container and out-of-container testing. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-982

...open for some contributions.

Kind regards,
Carlin