Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2010/12/25 02:12:44 UTC

[RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc3

Ho ho holy crap, even on x-mas eve.  That's right, it's 0.7.0 RC #3, and
now everyone has a little something under their tree.

Now, if anyone asks, I took the time again to remind you that this isn't
an official stable release, that there might be bugs, that you should
proceed with caution, yada, yada, yada.  Just in case they ask...

That being said, we are getting quite close now, this could (cross your
fingers) be the final candidate.  You should still exercise caution
upgrading anything that matters, but now is the time to test.  Please.

As usual, be sure to read through the changes[1] and release notes[2].
Report any problems you find[3], and if you have any questions, don't
hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

[1]: http://goo.gl/VIhDZ (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/MrxXI (NEWS.txt)
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
[4]: http://people.apache.org/~eevans/cassandra_0.7.0~rc3_all.deb
[5]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr8uZQ2X3gQ

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc3

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
> You should still exercise caution
> upgrading anything that matters, but now is the time to test.  Please.

For those interested in a distributed test harness, several in the Bay Area Cassandra community have started one:

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc3

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@riptano.com>.
RPMs are available via rpm.riptano.com

There have been a few more changes to the package structure since rc2,
primarily to bring the Riptano RPM in-line with the spec file included
in the source tree (see below for details). This should be the last
round of naming and version changes - apologies for any
inconveniences.

As with any package, you should test this thoroughly on your own
infrastructure before deploying into production.

Changes:
- Package name is now "apache-cassandra"
  * Obsoletes "cassandra07"
  * Conflicts 0.6.x versions named "cassandra" (which should be
removed - data directories will remain intact when you do)
- ulimit for unlimited memlock will be added to
/etc/security/limits.d/cassandra.conf
- default configuration file copies are now located in
/etc/cassandra/default.conf/

Any issues or feedback, please let us know.

-Nate