Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Natra, Uday" <UN...@cooksys.com> on 2001/04/26 23:18:26 UTC

RE: #### Can someone pleeeeeeeeese elaborate on the rules regar ding Action attribues "input" and "path" ....Please ####

Path is basically what U specify in the html form action attribute.
for ex:<form action="/logon">
so U need to define a matching action in the config file for the path
"/logon".
The input attribute in the config file is the name of the jsp to which the
control should be forwarded in case of errors, which in most of the cases is
the input form whcih generated the errors. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Uday.

[Natra, Uday]  -----Original Message-----
Posted by Jonathan <ja...@i-2000.com>.
So what about your relative path after you hit the servlet.  Does it change? Does it change depending on your web.xml settings? Does it take you a level up?  Does it take you to the root?  How do you manage this?
Does this assume you are in the same directory as "/index.jsp".  That is, if I wanted to forward to "/personalinfo/myinfo.jsp" can I use a relative reference or must I use absolute?