Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr> on 2005/02/11 11:41:44 UTC

Action-sets question

Hi,

I have some actions which make some modification (update, commit or
rollback) in my SQL database.

My trouble is that if the update failed I need to do a rollback. But if
another user uses the table in which I am making modification, he will
loses his changes if I make a rollback.
So there is a critical section.

Does an action-sets is a solution to avoid this problem ?

Another solution is to make a big action but  this is not so clean.

Thanks
Lionel

--
Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires

Re: Action-sets question

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Vie, 11 de Febrero de 2005, 4:41, Lionel Crine dijo:
> Hi,
>
> I have some actions which make some modification (update, commit or
> rollback) in my SQL database.
>
> My trouble is that if the update failed I need to do a rollback. But if
> another user uses the table in which I am making modification, he will
> loses his changes if I make a rollback.

I think this is not the case. If in a DB session you do a rollback it only
affect the specific DB session. The other DB sessions are not rolled back
at all.