Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1998/02/07 13:00:00 UTC

Re: general/1724: endless copies of the deamon spawn, making server not respond

The following reply was made to PR general/1724; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>
To: Ratman <ra...@rat.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/1724: endless copies of the deamon spawn, making server not respond
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 03:51:20 -0800 (PST)

 --1338192498-1014533168-886450250=:10185

 On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Ratman wrote:

 > I switched to FreeBSD, and it still does it! So it's not OS-related.
 > I was also using the spell checker module, so I took that out, and went
 > with a plain configuration of Apache, and it still did does it. The only
 > thing I can think of now, is maybe something about the CGI i have does it.
 > I use an nph script, could that affect it?

 Yeah, nph scripts can affect it.  They're handled differently by the
 server than regular CGI scripts.

 > So, am I still the only one reporting this problem?

 Yup.

 Can you ktrace one of the blocked children when this happens?

 What do you have your Timeout and KeepAliveTimeout set to?

 Dean

 --1338192498-1014533168-886450250=:10185--