Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Timothy Reaves <tr...@silverfields.com> on 2001/12/19 02:08:59 UTC

Exception with struts

	Hello all.  I'm trying to learn Struts.  I'm reading Profesional JSP,
which has a chapter on Struts.  I have built their example app, and
deployed it.  The main page comes up properly ( for a CD store), but when
I do anything else, I get the following.  Any ideas?

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Parsing error processing resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:130
6)	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring
class	at
org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:501)	at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java:3
29)	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1376)	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLVali
dator.java:1214)...