Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mike Wright <mw...@snl.com> on 2016/01/04 19:22:43 UTC

Spark Job Server with Yarn and Kerberos

Has anyone used Spark Job Server on a "kerberized" cluster in YARN-Client
mode? When Job Server contacts the YARN resource manager, we see a "Cannot
impersonate root" error and am not sure what we have misconfigured.

Thanks.

_______________

*Mike Wright*
Principal Architect, Software Engineering
S&P Capital IQ and SNL

434-951-7816 *p*
434-244-4466 *f*
540-470-0119 *m*

mwright@snl.com

Re: Spark Job Server with Yarn and Kerberos

Posted by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com>.
Its been a while... but this isn’t a spark issue.

A spark job on YARN runs as a regular job.
What happens when you run a regular M/R job by that user?

I don’t think we did anything special...