Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by cyclops images <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/19 23:31:32 UTC

How to use Email Filters - In Cpanel with SpamAssassin?

Hi there:
    I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum and I would like some
help on creating email filters using Cpanel with SpamAssassin. I am the end
user and host my own web site and emails. I have had this account for years
and last week I started to get hundreds of spam and junk emails. Where can I
go to learn more about using the email filtering options in Cpanel with
regards to SpamAssassin? How can I set up SpamAssassin to stop these
annoying messages from reaching me? Any help and advice would be greatly
appreciated.
This is what I currently have configured in my Cpanel:
Currently I have set my required_score to 2.00

Filter	                                                     Destination
$h_X-Spam-Bar: contains "++"	                    Discard
$h_X-Spam-Status: begins "yes"        	         Discard
$header_subject: contains "***SPAM***"         Discard

These are the only end user options available to me the end user: (please
see jpegs 3 & 4 below)
Available Filters are: From, Subject, To, Body, Any Header, SpamAssassin
Spam Header,  SpamAssassin Spam Bar, SpamAssassin Spam Score

THAT: equals, matches regex, begins with, is above (numbers only), is not
above (numbers only), is below (numbers only), is not below (numbers only)

Destination is a blank box which I can type in.

Question: In the 2nd jpeg below how can I assign scores and what does this
do?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13303485/Picture-1.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13303485/2.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13303485/3.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13303485/4.jpg

Alternatively to see screen shots of my Cpanel options please click on these
links:
http://www.cyclopsimages.com/1.jpg http://www.cyclopsimages.com/1.jpg
http://www.cyclopsimages.com/2.jpg http://www.cyclopsimages.com/2.jpg
http://www.cyclopsimages.com/3.jpg http://www.cyclopsimages.com/3.jpg
http://www.cyclopsimages.com/4.jpg http://www.cyclopsimages.com/4.jpg

Re: How to use Email Filters - In Cpanel with SpamAssassin?

Posted by Mr Shunz <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 10/22/07, cyclops images <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks again, I have sent an email off to my provider about this.
> For this: RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP 2.0, please see my screen shot below. Is this
> what you mean to do?
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p13342256/7.jpg

Actually no :(

the scores should be inserted in the SA configuration
under cPanel, in the same page where you insert
whitelists/blacklist ...
you should see some fields with score at the beginning.

I suggest you to check/ask these question at the
cPanel forums (http://forums.cpanel.net). People there can
help you better with SA under cPanel than this list.

Cheers

--
Daniele Santi        .o.
MrShunz@gmail.com    ..o    |,,,/_

Re: How to use Email Filters - In Cpanel with SpamAssassin?

Posted by cyclops images <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mr Shunz <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cyclops images <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cyclops images <cy...@gmail.com>.