Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tevfik Aytekin <ay...@ii.metu.edu.tr> on 2002/04/17 16:39:10 UTC

Response time 0 miliseconds

Hi,
I'm new to Jmeter.
In the file created by File Reporter, some of the response times are 0
miliseconds.
Is this possible? or is there something wrong?

I'm testing the server (running tomcat) over a network.

Thanks.
TA.

Log4j:Error

Posted by Tevfik Aytekin <ay...@ii.metu.edu.tr>.
Hi,
(I'm new to Jmeter)
When I start Jmeter.bat (on Windows 98 with j2sdk-1.4)
I get the following error:

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.jmeter.util.ClassFinder).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Nevertheless the program opens and I can be able to make tests.
But when it comes to make remote tests, when I make a remote start from the
run panel the program crashes. The following is the error, that was left
after the scrolling in the ms-dos prompt. The last line is again related
with log4j.

        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3526)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1437)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:321
)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2929

        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2859)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1423)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchT
read.java:190)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThr
ad.java:144)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category

What could be the problem?
Thanks.
TA

Re: Response time 0 miliseconds

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Tevfik Aytekin wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to Jmeter.
> In the file created by File Reporter, some of the response times are 0
> miliseconds.
> Is this possible? or is there something wrong?
>
> I'm testing the server (running tomcat) over a network.
>
> Thanks.
> TA.

Usually this is indicative of an exception thrown during the request.

Although, it can also be a response time that is quicker than the
Operating System's granularity.  Windows based Operating Systems
have a granularity of roughly 10 ms.  If the response was 5 ms,
you will see a response time of 0.

One of the ways to get more accurate results is to count the number
of full responses in a period of time like one minute, and find the
average.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin