Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch> on 2007/08/13 15:46:18 UTC

Multi project reports ...

Hi all,

I have a pom (packaging type) project that has many subprojects
(inheritance) it is nice because each subproject can separately manage their
dependencies etc. In the parent project I include the major reporting plugin
settings etc.

The problem is that since the parent project does not have any sources, I
only get fewer reports. On the other hand each subproject gets generated its
own reporting page independently, I expected somehow they would be combined
into the parent project ...

I wanted to get something like what displaytag does see:
http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/

Where all subprojects are shown at the same level as the parent project. I
tried copying what they do but seems not to work in the latest version of
maven? I don't get the site output of my subprojects copied into my parent
project's target site subdirectory besides the subprojects keep generating
the site with the default settings rather than using the theme defined in
the site.css of the parent project.

TIA,
Regards,
Giovanni

<build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>site</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <copy overwrite="true" todir="../${pom.artifactId}/src/site"
flatten="true">
                  <fileset dir="..">
                    <include
name="displaytag-doc/src/site/site.xml"></include>
                    <exclude
name="${pom.artifactId}/src/site/site.xml"></exclude>
                  </fileset>
                </copy>
                <replace value="href=&quot;../" token="href=&quot;/"
dir="..">
                  <include
name="${pom.artifactId}/src/site/site.xml"></include>
                  <exclude
name="displaytag-doc/src/site/site.xml"></exclude>
                </replace>
                <replace value="href=&quot;"
token="href=&quot;../${pom.artifactId}/" dir="..">
                  <include
name="${pom.artifactId}/src/site/site.xml"></include>
                  <exclude
name="displaytag-doc/src/site/site.xml"></exclude>
                </replace>
              </tasks>
            </configuration>
          </execution>