Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Chantelle Stone <ch...@live.co.uk> on 2016/06/17 19:43:17 UTC

Spell Check

Good Evening

I am unsure as to how or why but Spell Check on Open Office has stopped working as it should on my laptop.

I have searched ways to resolve this issue but have failed.

Can you please help? If I turn spell check on it highlights the whole document in red. If I ask to spell check the entire document it starts from the beginning and highlights every word in red.

Re: Spell Check

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 19:43:17 +0000
Chantelle Stone <ch...@live.co.uk> wrote:

> Good Evening
>
> I am unsure as to how or why but Spell Check on Open Office has stopped working as it should on my laptop.
>
> I have searched ways to resolve this issue but have failed.
>
> Can you please help? If I turn spell check on it highlights the whole document in red. If I ask to spell check the entire document it starts from the beginning and highlights every word in red.

You need to delete or rename your OpenOffice User profile.

If you are using Windows, close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>