Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Douglas R. Haase" <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 19:41:45 UTC

onkeydown and javascript with tobago

hi everyone,

i wanna know if there's something like this:

<h:inputTextarea id="textArea" value="#{textBean.text}"

                        onkeyup="validateText()">

... for tobago..

I need to validate some field (or even apply a mask for tc:date) when
I'm pressing the keys on the specified input, so I was looking for
some way to call a java script and do that the same way I would do
using the html core, using the onkeyup method...

thanks :)

Re: onkeydown and javascript with tobago

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi Douglas,

yes this is easy in tobago:

<tc:textarea ...>
  <f:facet name="keyup">
     <tc:command onclick="validateText()"/>
  </f:facet>
</tc:textarea>

this add a eventlistener for the keyup event to the textarea.

Regards,
    Volker

--
inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Bismarckstraße 13      | 26122 Oldenburg