Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com> on 2017/04/01 19:04:02 UTC

Re: VR Question

I migrated my system VMs (including the VR) to KVM hosts today (from XenServer hosts).

I still cannot get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone.

This seems like a 4.10 blocker, too.

Is anyone else able to get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone when using KVM?

From: "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 7:47 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: VR Question

Hi,

With 4.10 (master), I’m currently running all of my system VMs (including the VR) on XenServer. When I create a user VM on VMware, it acquires an IP address; however, when I create one on KVM, it does not.

All of this is running in a single, basic zone.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Mike

Re: VR Question

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
Jayapal: Just an FYI that I haven't had a chance to investigate this yet.

I did notice, however, that the same behavior exists in 4.5.

Re: VR Question

Posted by Jayapal Uradi <ja...@accelerite.com>.
Hi Mike,

Can you please check the following
1. In  kvm host logs once to see any security group rules got failed.
2. Check the VR /etc/dhcphosts.txt entry for the vm is configured
3. tcpdump on VR interface to see whether the dhcp request reached to VR.

Thanks,
Jayapal

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 12:34 AM, Tutkowski, Mike <Mi...@netapp.com> wrote:
>
> I migrated my system VMs (including the VR) to KVM hosts today (from XenServer hosts).
>
> I still cannot get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone.
>
> This seems like a 4.10 blocker, too.
>
> Is anyone else able to get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone when using KVM?
>
> From: "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>
> Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 7:47 PM
> To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
> Subject: VR Question
>
> Hi,
>
> With 4.10 (master), I’m currently running all of my system VMs (including the VR) on XenServer. When I create a user VM on VMware, it acquires an IP address; however, when I create one on KVM, it does not.
>
> All of this is running in a single, basic zone.
>
> Thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks!
> Mike

DISCLAIMER