Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2013/09/08 04:50:23 UTC

Maven ITs (embedded)

Olivier,

Not sure what the problem is exactly but look at the tests that are failing but it looks like an issue where path names aren't identical but looks like the same path. Do you know if anything changed on the instance lately?

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven%20Core%20ITs/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/4969/console

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Maven ITs (embedded)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Or handle our testing infrastructure randomly changing on us. Whatever it was seems to have switched back and the ITs work again.

On Sep 8, 2013, at 1:16 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> testitMNG2201(org.apache.maven.it.MavenITmng2201PluginConfigInterpolationTest)
> Time elapsed: 0.603 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
> expected:</x1/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/core-integration-testing-trunk/core-it-suite/target/test-classes/mng-2201/target>
> but was:</home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/core-integration-testing-trunk/core-it-suite/target/test-classes/mng-2201/target>
>
> AFAICS unit test doesn't handle correctly symlinks.
>

> On 8 September 2013 12:50, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>> Olivier,
>>
>> Not sure what the problem is exactly but look at the tests that are failing but it looks like an issue where path names aren't identical but looks like the same path. Do you know if anything changed on the instance lately?
>>
>> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven%20Core%20ITs/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/4969/console
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

> Olivier Lamy
> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Maven ITs (embedded)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
testitMNG2201(org.apache.maven.it.MavenITmng2201PluginConfigInterpolationTest)
 Time elapsed: 0.603 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
expected:</x1/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/core-integration-testing-trunk/core-it-suite/target/test-classes/mng-2201/target>
but was:</home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/core-integration-testing-trunk/core-it-suite/target/test-classes/mng-2201/target>

AFAICS unit test doesn't handle correctly symlinks.

On 8 September 2013 12:50, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
> Olivier,
>
> Not sure what the problem is exactly but look at the tests that are failing but it looks like an issue where path names aren't identical but looks like the same path. Do you know if anything changed on the instance lately?
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven%20Core%20ITs/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-embedded/4969/console
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl